Imagined Things is approaching its first birthday! On the 14th of July 2018 it will be one year since we opened our doors as the first independent bookshop in Harrogate in nearly twenty years! It seems like yesterday and a lifetime ago that we were up to our elbows in paint, banishing the red and green ceiling from the shop and dreaming of the books arriving. We’ve come a long way since then, and even have a shiny new website!
We have achieved a lot since opening…
- We were recently shortlisted for the Macmillan Innovation Award, and are one of three bookshops shortlisted in our category to win £1750 to start our innovative reading scheme – results will be announced in September, so fingers crossed everyone!
- Hosted a sell out event for Tara Westover
- Hosted successful events for Caroline Elton and Tammy Cohen
- Started our very first book club!
- Brought the Gruffalo to Harrogate!
- We were nominated in the Yorkshire Choice Awards for New Starter Business of the Year
- Gained our bookshop companions – the bookshop fish!
- Have brought lots of great books to the wonderful people of Harrogate!